Hickstead RIHS 2016
Categories: None | Tags: None
Yet again the hallowed turf at Hickstead was fertilised with Suregrow Fertiliser, and boy did it look good!
The Royal International Horse Show is in its 109th year and is one of the most prestigious outdoor shows in the country. 2016 did not disappoint and was packed full of action from scurry ponies to the eventers' challenge, there was something for everyone.
Ireland's Billy Twomey had a particularly great show, having bagged four international wins across the week. This included the Bunn Leisure Salver, the British Speed Classic, the Bunn Leisure Vase and the biggest class of the week, the King George V cup.
Other winners included:
- Jayne Ross riding the profilic hunter mare Time 2 Reflect took the British Horse Society Supreme Ridden Horse Championship for the second year in a row
- Olivia Bowen and Golden Tasset won the Underwood Supreme Ridden Pony Championship
- Ireland's David Simpson claimed the Templant Events Queen Elizabeth II Cup onboard Chessy 17
- The british leg of the Nation Cup was taken by the German team consising of Meredith Michaels-Beerbaum (Fibonacci 17), Janne Friederike Meyer (Goja 27), Patrick Stühlmeyer (Lacan 2) and Ludger Beerbaum (Chiara 222) who finished on a score of just four faults.
- Another win for the Irish in the Amlin Eventers' Challenge where Elizabeth Power and Doonaveerage O One claimed the £3,000 first prize
We are proud to supply Suregrow Fertiliser to Hickstead and look forward to 2017.
Photograph thanks to K2 Photographic.
Back to top
August 3, 2016 | Share: